FREE Dad Duty Done Token PRINTABLES found below in the links:
So the idea I had the idea of “Dad Duty Done” Tokens after thinking about a stay in The Little America last April for a blogging conference. After housecleaning came through, they left a chocolate and a little card with an inspirational thought. It was such a sweet gesture and a nice finishing touch after leaving our room spotless. I do love the coupon idea that I share last year (find HERE) and even have some free downloads available, but sometimes it feels like you cheated, because they never seem to get redeemed. So this year, make sure the work gets done! Do it in advance! Here is how it works:
- Find the “Dad Zones” around your home that are problem areas.
- Assign someone to each zone to clean up a small portion of that particular area on the Saturday before Father’s Day. For example: The garage workbench, the office desk, the bedroom nightstand, the top of the dresser, or sock drawer. They are small enough areas that are do-able for teenagers or small children if they have a buddy.
- Divide the jobs among the family. Everyone does their job and leaves a little note with a Hershey’s Kiss, and Andes mint or even better, a Ghirardelli chocolate. You could even create a clever candy bar cards to leave behind. What a fun surprise when Dad opens his sock drawer to find all of his socks neatly matched up and sorted, (sshhh, don’t tell Marie Kondo I fold his socks like this!) or to find his desk, nightstand or dresser dusted and cleared of clutter and disorganization.
- Once the task is completed, I’ve created a “Dad Duty Done” token printable to color and leave behind. It shows housekeeping came to visit and he was taken care of today. You could even add a little written note on the back of the token, expressing love to Dad. Choose one of the nice inspirational thoughts on the printable and cut out to either leave with the token, or glue on the back of the token.
- Find the FREE printables below.
- And ta-da! Dad’s Day is Done!